- Minced garlic1 1/2 Teaspoon
- Green onions2chopped
- Cornstarch1 1/2 Tablespoon
- Water3 Tablespoon
- Eggplants2 longCut into bite size pieces
- Potato1 largepeeled and cut into bite size pieces
- Red bell pepper1 smallcored an cut into bite size pieces
- Green bell pepper1 smallcored and cut into bite size pieces
- Olive oil4 Tablespoon
- Shaoxing wine1 Tablespoon
- Soy sauce2 Tablespoon
- White sugar1/2 Teaspoon
- Ground white pepper1/4 Teaspoon
- Sesame oil1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt3/4 Teaspoon
- Yeild: 4
Prepare all the vegetables by cutting into bite size pieces. Stir together cornstarch and water until smooth and set aside until required.
Heat the oil in wok over medium heat and let heat until hot. Add the potato, and brown lightly for about 8 to 10 minutes until cooked through, cover the pan and stir occasionally. Then add the bell peppers, and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes and then transfer veggies to a dish and set aside. Add the eggplant pieces in a single layer and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until brown slightly and cooked through, cover the pan and stir occasionally. Then transfer cooked eggplant pieces to the stir-fry veggies, reserve the wok. Into the wok, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until nicely golden brown and fragrant. Return all the stir-fry veggies to the wok and add Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, salt, sugar, white pepper, and sesame oil. Stir to mix well and then stir in prepared cornstarch mixture. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce reduces to desired thickness. Garnish with green onions and serve straightaway.
Serve this dish with boiled noodles or rice.