- Soya Chunks3/4 Cup
- Ginger Garlic paste1 Tablespoon
- Red chili powder1/2 Teaspoon
- Ground black pepper1/4 Teaspoon
- Corn flour2 Tablespoon
- Salt1 Teaspoon
- Oil3 Cup
- Olive oil1 TablespoonFor manchurian sauce
- Minced garlic1 TablespoonFor manchurian sauce
- Grated ginger1/2 TablespoonFor manchurian sauce
- Spring onions1/4 Cupchopped for manchurian sauce and more for garnishing
- Green bell pepper1/4 CupFor manchurian sauce
- Soy sauce1 TeaspoonFor manchurian sauce
- Red chili sauce1 TablespoonFor manchurian sauce
- Tomato sauce3/4 TablespoonFor manchurian sauce
- Apple cider vinegar1 TeaspoonFor manchurian sauce
- White sugar1/2 TeaspoonFor manchurian sauce
- Red chili powder1/2 TeaspoonFor manchurian sauce
- Corn flour3/4 TeaspoonFor manchurian sauce
- Water1/2 CupFor manchurian sauce
- Ground black pepper1/4 TeaspoonFor manchurian sauce
- Yeild: 2
In a saucepan, pour 4 cups water and bring to boil. Remove pan from the heat, add soy chunks and let rest until soft.
Then squeeze out water from the chunk, rinse well and squeeze again to take out water completely.
Transfer soy chunks in a mixing bowl, and add salt, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder and corn flour. Mix well and stir in a little water to bind flour with soy chunks. Set chunks aside for 10 minutes.
Place a medium-sized skillet pan over medium heat, add soy chunks and cook for 5 minutes or until crisp. When done, remove soy pieces to a dish lined with paper towels with a slotted spoon.
In a bowl whisk together 3/4 teaspoon corn flour and 1/2 cup water until smooth, set aside until required.
Return skillet pan to the stove, add 2 tablespoons oil and garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add spring onion and saute at high flame for 1 minute. Add bell pepper and saute for 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, red chili sauce and tomato sauce. Stir in corn flour mixture and let cook at low heat until sauce thickens.
Stir in ground black pepper and let sauce cool slightly. Then add soy chunks and toss to coat. Garnish with spring onions and serve immediately.