- Diced Chicken Thighs – Boned & Skinned2
- Diced Chicken Breast200 Grams
- Diced Pork Loin150 Grams
- Chorizo150 Grams
- Red Pepper1/2
- Green Pepper1/2
- Medium Onion1
- Green Beans10
- Clove of Garlic1
- tin of Chopped Tomatoes1/2
- Glass of White Wine1
- Chicken Stock Cubes2
- 1 pinch of Saffron
- Salt to Taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- rice per person. 300 for 4, 450 for 675 Grams
Meat Feast Paella – The store cupboard version
- 1. Pour oil around the pan, over a medium heat add the diced chicken breast, thigh and pork. Fry until golden.
- 2. Add chopped onion and peppers, frying until soft
- 3. Add chorizo and garlic, fry until all ingredients are nearly cooked
- 4. Add ½ a tin of tomatoes, 1 chicken stock cube and 1 glass of white wine. Cook until wine has reduced.
- 5. Once the wine has reduced pour in the rice, if using Paella rice wait until rice is translucent, if long grain cook for around 30 seconds. Stir well.
- 6. Add boiling water, this should cover all ingredients and come near the top of the paella pan. If using a frying pan then around 1cm off ingredients.
- 7. Add remaining stock cube, saffron, and salt. Cook on a medium/low heat until water is reduced, stir very occasionally.
- 8. Add green beans and a couple of peppers around the pan 5 mins prior to serving.
- 9. Cook until water is fully absorbed. Test the rice, if it needs longer add more water. The water should be fully absorbed for serving, with the rice cooked.
- 10. As part of the contest we have an exclusive blogger competition to win a three night break for two in Barcelona, complete with Food-lover Tapas Tour. All you have to do is share your favourite Spanish recipe in a blog post, insert one of the Spanish Culinary Contest badges and let us know where we can find your recipe by completing our interactive form.