- bulghar wheat25 Grams
- extra-lean lamb mince500 Grams
- ground cumin1 Teaspoon
- ground coriander1 Teaspoon
- smoked paprika1 Teaspoon
- garlic clove, very finely crushed (optional)1
- oil, for brushing
- large burger buns, sliced tomato and red onion, to serve
- For the tzatziki: 5cm piece cucumber, deseeded and coarsely grated
- pot thick Greek yogurt200 Grams
- chopped mint, plus a handful of leaves to serve2 Tablespoon
1. 1.Tip the bulghar into a pan, cover with water and boil for 10 mins. Drain really well in a sieve, pressing out any excess water.
2. 2.To make the tzatziki, squeeze and discard the juice from the cucumber, then mix into the yogurt with the chopped mint and a little salt.
3. Work the bulghar into the lamb with the spices, garlic (if using) and seasoning, then shape into 4 burgers. Brush with a little oil and fry or barbecue for about 5 mins each side until cooked all the way through. Serve in the buns (toasted if you like) with the tzatziki, tomatoes, onion and a few mint leaves.