- Emmental cheese8 Ouncescoarsely grated
- Gruyere cheese8 Ouncescoarsely grated
- Fontina cheese8 Ouncescoarsely grated
- Cornstarch2 1/2 Tablespoon
- Apple juice3 Cup
- Dried mustard2 1/2 Teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg2 pinches
- Cooked sliced bacon4 Ouncescrumbled, divided
- Yeild: 2 cups
Place cheeses and cornstarch in a zip-top bag and shake until well coated.
Bring apple juice to a simmer over medium heat in a heavy 5-quart pot. Whisking constantly, slowly add cheese mixture 1/2 cup at a time until smooth and fully incorporated. (Let mixture come to a simmer again after adding each 1/2 cup cheese.) Remove pan from heat and whisk in mustard, nutmeg, and three-fourths of bacon.
Serve in a small slow cooker on warm. Garnish with remaining bacon. Serve with desired dippers.