Homemade Sesame Seed Buns Recipe
By June 19, 2017Published:
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 mins
Nutritional Info This information is per serving. Protein 6.60g Dietary Fibre 2.00g Fat Total 52.00g Energy 25.25g Fat Saturated 62g Sodium 85.50g Carbohydrate 650mg Cholesterol 90.80g
- 1 1/4 package active dry yeast
- 1 1/3 cups milk heated to 115°
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 item egg lightly beaten
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tsp canola oil for greasing
- 3 tsp sesame seeds
- n the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle, stir together yeast, milk, and 1 1⁄2 tsp. sugar; let foam. Stir in remaining sugar, flour, salt, and egg. Mix on low speed until dough forms. Replace paddle with dough hook; add butter; knead on medium-high speed until dough pulls away from sides of bowl, about 8 minutes. Transfer dough to an oiled bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Let rest in a warm place until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 400°. Divide dough into 12 portions; shape each into a tight ball. Place balls on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Lightly brush balls with oil; cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise for 1 1⁄2 hours.
- Uncover dough and, using a spray bottle filled with water, moisten dough; sprinkle each ball with 1⁄4 tsp. sesame seeds. Bake, rotating once, until golden brown, 18–20 minutes. Let cool.