French Toast Recipe
By June 19, 2017Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 3 mins
- Ready In: 18 mins
*If I've got some leftover thick-crusty bread like French bread, I much prefer using it over regular sliced bread. Also, when I make more French Toast than this, I prefer to mix my milk and eggs in a 4-cup measuring cup. Then, I only pour enough mixture in the shallow bowl to dip a couple of slices at a time.
- 2 items eggs
- 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp butter
- 4 slices bread
- 2 tbsp syrup
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- In a shallow bowl with a fork, combine eggs and milk.
- On medium, heat frying pan on stove. Either melt a little butter or spray pan with vegetable spray.
- Dip bread into bowl with egg mixture. Make sure both sides are wet. With fork, allow bread to drip over bowl.
- Place slice of bread in pan. Continue process with the other slices. Turn slices over when bread slightly brown.
- Cook final side. Remove cooked slices to a plate and keep warm.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm with syrup.